I’ve started doing some wiring diagrams for the robot lawn mower, as the mechanical portion is fairly well defined. However, there are a few things I’m still not sure about:
- Will four 12V 35Ah SLA batteries will provide the energy needed to run the mower?
- Should the battery bays be replaced with some off the shelf enclosures?
- Is there a better way to do the deck height adjustment mechanism?
- Are the motors sized appropriately, both for speed and torque?
- Is a pulley quick disconnect bushing really the best way to attach the cutting blade to the motor shaft?
- The sheet metal used on the weldments is 0.1875in thick aluminum. That is expensive and probably too stout. It should be changed to 0.125in thick.
I’m chasing my tail with these questions above, so I will take some time off from modeling the mechanical side of the mower and work on wiring for a while. Hopefully things will be more clear when I revisit these issues later.